Health Safety Environment
Overview and Policies
CSR's Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) management system promotes the ongoing development of a
positive health, safety and environmental culture through development of policies and procedures, and
promotion of them on the company's intranet and via training and monitoring. These practices are
intended to encourage ownership of HS&E matters by all CSR employees as an integral part of our
Key aspects of the HS&E policies include:
Health and Safety Policy
- The Company regards the management of health and safety as an integral part of its business and as a
- It is our policy that all activities will be carried out in a safe manner and we will establish and
evaluate, as appropriate, processes and practices to ensure the health, safety and welfare of our
employees and of others who may be affected by our activities.
- The hazards associated with our business activities will be identified and mitigated through formal
assessment and will be reduced where reasonably practicable.
- The Company will comply with current health and safety legislation, as a minimum, seeking to
establish policies and procedures that enable the Company and its employees to meet this commitment
and will work to establish and apply best practice to all its activities where this is practicable.
- Employees are expected and encouraged to be proactive on health and safety issues. All employees,
contractors and sub-contractors are required to co-operate with the Company and their colleagues in
implementing the policy and shall ensure that their own work is without risk to themselves or others
as far as is reasonably practicable.
- The Company aims for continual improvement of the environmental management system through employee
training, consultation and involvement in identifying environmental impacts; encouraging management
commitment; performing regular reviews and conducting internal audits of the environmental
- Analysis is undertaken of the organisation's significant environmental impacts, including where
these involve potential risk of pollution, through a formal assessment process and using these
assessments as guidance in setting objectives and targets.
- The Company is committed to co-operation with the applicable local authority and site landlords on
relevant environmental issues and due consideration of any environmental complaints relating to CSR
sites or operations.
- The Company is committed to compliance with environmental legislation applicable to CSR's products
and operations and maintains a register which identifies applicable environmental legislation and
relevant guidance on how to meet these requirements.
- The Company gives due consideration to environmental issues raised by customers and seeks to respond
positively to customer-led environmental initiatives.